|ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION TREATMENTS|
• Initially 100mg 15min before sexual activity.
• Max 200mg once daily.
• Concomitant moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors: Max 50mg once every 24hrs.
• Concomitant α-blockers: Initially 50mg.
• Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: Not recommended.
• Usually 25–100mg 1hr before sexual activity at frequency of up to once daily.
• >65yrs old: Initially 25mg.
• Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl<30mL/min): Initially 25mg.
• Hepatic impairment: Initially 25mg.
• Ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, saquinavir: Initially 25mg.
• Ritonavir: Max 25mg every 48hrs.
• α-blockers: Initially 25mg.
Use as Needed:
• Usually 5–20mg before sexual activity at frequency of up to once daily.
• >65yrs old: No adjustment needed.
• Moderate renal dysfunction (CrCl 30−50mL/min): Initially 5mg; max 10mg/48hrs.
• Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl<30mL/min): Max 5mg/72hrs.
• Mild or moderate hepatic impairment: Max 10mg daily; severe: Not recommended.
• Ketoconazole, ritonavir: Max 10mg every 72hrs.
• α-blockers: Lowest recommended dose.
|see full labeling||
• Initially 2.5mg (taken at same time each day); may increase to 5mg/day.
• Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl<30mL/min): Not recommended.
• Mild or moderate hepatic impairment: Use caution; severe: Not recommended.
• Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors: Max 2.5mg.
• For ED + BPH: 5mg taken at same time once daily without regard to timing of sexual activity.
• Initially 10mg 1hr before sexual activity; usual range: 5−20mg once daily as needed.
• ≥65yrs old: Initially 5mg.
• Moderate hepatic impairment: initially 5mg; max 10mg.
• Concomitant ketoconazole or itraconazole 200mg/day, or erythromycin: max 5mg. Concomitant ketoconazole or itraconazole 400mg/day, clarithromycin, saquinavir, atazanavir or indinavir: max 2.5mg. Concomitant ritonavir: max 2.5mg/72hrs.
• Concomitant α-blocker: initially 5mg/day.
• Severe hepatic impairment, hemodialysis: Not recommended.
• Take as needed approximately 60min before sexual activity; max: 10mg/day.
• Not interchangeable with Levitra 10mg.
• Do not take with water. Place on tongue to disintegrate.
• Moderate to severe hepatic impairment or renal dialysis: Not recommended.
• Concomitant α-blockers: use lower doses of vardenafil film-coated tabs as initial therapy.
• Usually 1.25−60mcg within 1hr before anticipated sexual activity.
• Max 3 inj/wk with a 24‑hr period between each injection.
• Usually 1−40mcg within 1hr before anticipated sexual activity.
• Max of 3 inj/wk with a 24‑hr period between each injection.
• Initially 125−250mcg.
• Max 2 systems/24hrs.
This article originally appeared on MPR
Next post in Clinical Charts
Want to view more content from Cancer Therapy Advisor?
Register now at no charge to access unlimited clinical news, full-length features, case studies, conference coverage, and more.
Want to read more?
Please login or register first to view this content.